Happy National Pie Day Y'all!!
This all came about because someone had suggested a shepherds pie cookie for our cookie flavor contest. Sounds amazing, but a little hard to do as a crunchy treat! So, I decided to make a festive puppy pie and share it with everyone!
Ingredients:1 whole Sweet Potato
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 c parsley
1 cup peas
2 whole carrots
1. Bake WHOLE sweet potato @ 400 for 1 hr (the softer the better)
2. Cook ground turkey (on top of the stove or in -- doesn't matter) Add parsley the last 5 mins. (optional)
3. Cut carrots thin and boil them in water on top of the stove. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 mins or until they are soft. Cook peas.
4. Combine sweet potatoes and 1/4 c milk and mash/stir together to make whipped potatoes.
5. In a bowl (I used aluminum disposable pans) layer the turkey and parsley on the bottom, then the carrots & peas, and top that with your whipped sweet potatoes. You can use a bakery bag to give it some decoration, or just plop it on. Seriously, your dog is not going to care what it looks like. LOL.